Open Volunteer Positions, HWB
HOW TO VOLUNTEER:
- Join Herbalists Without Borders as a Member.
- Find a Chapter near you.
- Review the core and project volunteer positions open on this page.
- Visit our project pages to find out what interests you! Each project page has a blue box>> with information on volunteering and who to contact.
- Contact the office for more information and to let us know of your interest!
Relief Action Coordinator
Work as the liaison between HWB office and HWB Chapters, Clinics, and Members responding in their communities. Help groups setup response after a natural disaster, in response to humanitarian needs, or to support marginalized peoples in their community. Experience setting up free or sliding scale clinics would be helpful, as would understanding the volunteer and supply needs for this type of response. An idea of locations, organization, and how to reach the local support needed also a plus. This might be minimal hours some months and a bit more during hurricane and fire season, for example. There are some nuances to this role, so contact the office so we can setup a call!
MEMBERSHIP COORDINATOR (MC) CORE POSITION
Hours: 2-5 volunteer hours weekly on average
HWB Membership Coordinator is responsible for building organizational infrastructure for membership processes including, recruitment, improving member services/experiences and managing membership programs. Currently reports directly to the Executive Director.
…Our members are why we are here. They support our down to the ground green medicine movement and they want to see HWB thrive.
As a representative of HWB a MC is to adhere to HWB’s Vision, Mission, and Values. Must be strong individual contributor and supportive to team work. As communication is a big role of a MC, they need to be able to communicate efficiently and promptly with all HWB team members, volunteer chapter coordinators and members. They need to build a strong working relationship with members, volunteers and staff. Ability to multi-task, prioritize, time management and organizational techniques while being creative, tactful and diplomatic.
Access to telephone and internet is necessary.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
A MC recruits new HWB members, retains current members, and recognizes our members, the “3 R’s”.
MC seeks to recruit 8-10 new members from any category every month
MC coordinates with Office Manager by checking emails from them about new member inquiries, or upcoming events
MC sends out occasional emails with email template signup sheet for Chapter Coordinators for their events
MC puts on at least 2 membership drives a year to help recruit to a wider audience
MC works with Social Media Coordinator and any other online techs to create Ads and Promotions for recruitment
MC is to keep the Membership Program alive and thriving
MC identifies special skills/talents among members and directing them to the appropriate program/project/chapter coordinator
MC develops and implements member engagement tactics including new member welcome process
MC promotes awareness of membership benefits
MC assists with marketing and communication tactics as needed
MC helps create special Give-Away promotions of recognition for members
MC in future may help inputting on membership events
MC honors renewing members
This is a core coordinator role within HWB. For more info, email email@example.com.
Grant Writing Support
Grants: Help us apply for grants for HWB International or our projects around the globe. Run searches to help HWB find relevant grants for HWB clinics, projects, and humanitarian aid work. Help apply and proof grant proposals as needed.
Podcast Production Team
The HWB Herbal Action Podcast is working on an ongoing series of podcasts, and need additional help! Duties would include helping to identify and schedule interviews/guests, proofing scripts, supporting our editing and publishing process, promoting, and working with potential guests.
Webinar Production Team
Do you have experience with webinars? We are working on a new series and need additional help! Duties would include working to help identify and schedule guests, proof scripts, help post webinar printables/downloadables, support the setup and management of webinar production and promotion, help during webinars to manage the questions by participants, and help ensure our webinar registration and event run smoothly. Assist in transferring webinars to our public and/or private YouTube Channel for later viewing. If you have experience in any of those areas, email the office!
ONSITE SUPPORT, HWB HEADQUARTERS in Deerfield, WI
Our main office packages, blends, labels, sorts, inventories, boxes, & ships packages of donations to free clinics and for disaster relief. We also mail out printables to Chapters, Coordinators and Conferences. We need someone who can visit our Deerfield, WI location an hour or so week - or- a few hours a month to help. There is a lot to learn about herbalism and humanitarian aid through this position!
- Assists a few times per month (or more/less as needed) at office, helping manage supplies
- Retrieves mail, handles postage, picks up/drops off packages from post office and PO Box
- Helps intake donated supplies, manage & inventory stock, and ship boxes to chapter coordinators and disaster relief
- Help keep stock rotated and checked for expiration dates
- Assists in dividing herbal supplies, prepping herbal first aid kits, bagging, bottling & labeling
- Posts all incoming supplies to our online database tracking list
- Maintains and archives important HWB documents
- Creates forms and documents needed
- Maintains bookkeeping entries in coordination with the Executive Director and Board Treasurer, if needed
- Periodically assists at HWB vendor tables, trainings, conferences and other fundraising events
- Assist with planning Trauma Trainings and other events, conferences, and activities
- Help coordinate with Relief Action Coordinator and Chapter Coordinators to maintain a supplies needed (wish list)
NEW: Lead Chapter Coordinator
This new volunteer position